15 Staple Foods to Make Healthy Eating Easy All Week Long
According to social media, maintaining a healthy and balanced diet is essential for overall well-being. However, in our fast-paced lives, finding time to plan and prepare nutritious meals can be challenging.
To make healthy eating easy throughout the week, adding staple foods to your diet can be a game-changer. Staple foods are economical, versatile, and readily available, making them ideal bases for a nutritious meal plan.
Let’s take a look at 15 staple foods that can ease your journey toward a healthier lifestyle.
15 Staple Foods to Make Healthy Eating Easy All Week Long
- Brown Rice
- Sweet Potatoes
- Leafy Greens
- Beans and Legumes
- Greek Yogurt
- Nuts and Seeds
- Chicken Breast
- Whole Wheat Bread
Brown rice is whole-grain rice that has had the inedible outer husk removed. The outer hull or husk of this type of rice is removed but the bran and germ layer remains, giving the rice a brownish or grayish color. White rice is a single grain without the hull, bran layer, and germ of the grain.
Benefits of Brown Rice:
- Helps to weight loss.
- Controls blood sugar level.
- Aids digestion.
- Controls cholesterol levels.
- Neuroprotective effective.
- Improves maternal health.
- Maintains bone health.
According to Wikipedia, quinoa is a flowering plant in the amaranth family. As of source, it is an herbaceous annual plant grown as a crop mainly for its edible seeds;
Seeds are rich in protein, dietary fiber, B vitamins, and dietary minerals in higher amounts than many grains.
Benefits of Quinoa:
- Quinoa is naturally gluten-free
- A rich source of protein
- Loaded with minerals
- High in plant compounds
- Improves skin health
Oats, sometimes called common oats, It is a species of cereal grain grown for its seed, which is known by the same name. While oats are suitable for human consumption in the form of porridge and rolled oats, one of the most common uses is as livestock feed.
Benefits of Oats:
- Oats are incredibly nutritious
- Whole oats are rich in antioxidants
- Oats contain a powerful soluble fiber
- Oats can lower cholesterol levels
- Oats can improve blood sugar
- Oatmeal may help you lose weight
- Finely ground oats may help with skincare
- Oats may decrease the risk of childhood asthma
- Oats may help relieve constipation
The sweet potato is a dicotyledonous plant belonging to the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae. According to social media, Its large, starchy, sweet-tasting tuberous roots are used as a root vegetable. Young twigs and leaves are sometimes eaten as greens.
Benefits of Sweet Potato:
- Sweet potatoes might lower your risk for cancer
- Sweet potatoes could help control blood sugar
- Sweet potatoes may lower your odds of heart problems.
- Sweet potatoes can lower your chances of developing eye disease, which is the most common cause of vision loss.
- Sweet potatoes can help reduce inflammation in your body and prevent fat cells from growing, which can help you lose weight.
According to Wikipedia, Leafy greens, also called leafy vegetables, pot herbs, vegetable greens, or simply greens, are plant leaves that are eaten as a vegetable, sometimes along with tender stalks and shoots. It’s eaten raw in salads and may be called salad greens.
Benefits of Leafy Greens:
- Green Veggies Support Optimal Brain Function
- Leafy Greens Reduce Belly Bloating
- Green Leafy Veggies Make Your Skin Glow
- Leafy Greens Relieve Stress
- Leafy Green Vegetables Support Bone Health
- Leafy Greens Support Healthy Aging
- Improve Inflammatory Response
- Green Veggies Help Regulate Blood Glucose Levels
- Leafy Greens Support Optimal Gut Health
- Green Leafy Vegetables Tame the Toxins
- Green Vegetables Boost Digestive Enzymes
- Leafy Greens Support Your Immune System
Beans and Legumes
Bean is the seed of several plants of the Fabaceae family, which are used as vegetables for human or animal food. They can be cooked in many different ways, including boiling, frying, and baking, and are used in many traditional cuisines around the world.
9 Healthy Beans and Legumes:
- Kidney beans
- Black beans
- Pinto beans
- Navy beans
According to Wikipedia, Strained yogurt, Greek yogurt, cheese curd, sack yogurt, or curd is yogurt that has been strained to remove most of its whey, resulting in a thicker consistency than normal unstrained yogurt, while the characteristic sour taste still remains.
Benefits of Greek Yogurt:
- Good source of protein and other nutrients.
- Bone health can be benefited.
- It may support gut health.
- It may support muscle recovery and healthy body composition.
- It may help keep you full and support healthy body weight.
According to social media, Humans and human ancestors have scavenged and eaten animal eggs for millions of years. On this earth, Humans in Southeast Asia had domesticated chickens and harvested their eggs for food by 1500 BCE. The most widely consumed eggs are those of fowl, especially chickens.
Benefits of Eggs:
- They Offer Complete Protein.
- They’re Nutrient Dense.
- They Help Your ‘Good’ Cholesterol.
- They Can Lower Your Triglycerides.
- They Help With Portion Control.
- They’re Affordable.
- They’re Heart Healthy.
Nuts and Seeds
Nuts and seeds control body weight because their fat is not fully absorbed and they control food intake. In our health, they are good sources of protein, healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Benefits of Nuts and Seeds:
- A Great Source of Many Nutrients
- Loaded With Antioxidants
- May Aid in Weight Loss
- May Lower Cholesterol and Triglycerides
- Beneficial for Type 2 Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
- May Reduce Inflammation
- High in Beneficial Fiber
- It may Reduce Your Risk of Heart Attack
Avocado is a medium-sized evergreen tree of the laurel family. According to the source, it is native to the Americas and was first domesticated in Mesoamerica 5,000 years ago. Then as now, it was prized for its large and unusually oily fruit.
Benefits of Avocado:
- Boosts Satiety.
- Helps Manage Body Weight.
- Protects Your Heart.
- Prevents Diabetes Complications.
- Boosts Nutrients.
- Promotes Healthy Digestion.
- Increases Brain Function.
- Protects Your Eyes.
We are looking for more healthy foods, they make your body healthy and develop fully. If you know of something even healthier, do let us know.
Read Also:- The 6 Best Weight Gain Supplements